About the Program
The Jovia program is a six months program of Advanced IT and Entrepreneurship training for underprivileged girls and young women. The program targets girls and young women who could not afford higher learning education or dropped out of school due to socio-economic reasons. The program is intensive and calls for highly dedicated candidates who have a keen interest in technology. With this program, students will gain important tech skills that will help them navigate the workplace of the 21st Century which relies much on technology. Competent students will increase chances of securing employment opportunities, notably in ICT-related occupations or be able to create their own technology-based startups thus elevating women’s socio-economic empowerment.
This program is fully funded by the Southern Africa Innovation Support (SAIS 2) which aims at investing in girls to learn coding will help girls in Africa develop life-changing IT skills and build future careers as successful technology entrepreneurs.
- By the end of the program, participants will gain skills to competitively secure formal employment notably in ICT related employment and
- Students will be able to start their own startups and have access to funding, mentorship and capacity building support.
- Must come from under privileged background
- Must have a secondary school level of education (Ordinary or Advanced) attained before 2019
- Must not be enrolled in any programs or schooling activities
- Must be willing to commit to 6 months of unpaid program
- Age females aged between 17 – 24 based in Dar es Salaam. If you can accommodate your stay in Dar es Salaam, you are welcome to apply
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.